DIY Cell Phone Holder Tutorial

$0

I searched on Pinterest for crafts made out of wood, nothing really jumped out at me. I wasn’t for sure what I was going to make until one morning I propped my cell phone up onto the mirror watching a video while getting ready for work, it kept on falling over. UGH!

Since I only had one piece of wood and don’t have room for errors, I decided to make a dummy holder out of foam board. Just to make sure it would work for me.

The light bulb went off…..I decided to make something out of the wood to place my phone on. I searched on Pinterest for inspiration for cell phone holders. I wanted something simple because I don’t have any fancy woodworking machinery. The one I found doesn’t include gluing, nailing or any fancy machinery. That’s for me!

I measured down the board 7½ inches and marked. This will be my cut line.

I used a circular saw to cut my board on the line. I have the two pieces I need to start making the holder.

The marked area will be cut out from both boards with a jig saw. Drilling a hold to make room for my blade to be able to cut out the pieces.

On the 4½” board I drilled a hole in the center of the smaller end. Taking a drill bit large enough for the phone charger to slip through.

Clean the two boards with a damp cloth. I stained my pieces with Minwax English Chestnut and then used my Minwax finishing wax to seal the stain.

I love my holder and it’s so nice to be able to watch my videos without the phone falling over. If it needs to be charging while on the holder…no problem.

For the full tutorial visit my blog at www.decorateandmorewithtip.com

Decorate and More with Tip

• G.B. Woot

did you do anything that makes the connection-plug stay put...so you just sit the phone on it?

• Decorate and More with Tip

I used a drill bit the size of my charger. Since my hole was round and the charger is more shaped in a rectangle it is pretty snug but easily removed. For the full tutorial you can check out my blog. www.decorateandmorewithtip.com

• Michael McCleary

Great idea, but I loathe visible wires/cords. Curious, why didn’t you also Make a hole in the backing board so that the cord could go threw that and be less noticeable?

• Decorate and More with Tip

You both are singing my song. I will try my best to not show cords. Never really thought about hiding this one. That would of been great to drill the hole in the back. DUH.. Great suggestion.

• Pris

No fancy tools? Ha, a circular saw is in my list of fancy tools! I'll see if i can do this any other way because it's an adorable idea. Thank you!

• Mary C.

In your instructions it says circular saw.

• Decorate and More with Tip

You are correct. I had to go back to the full tutorial on my blog. I used both jig saw and circular saw. What I meant Mary was I didn't have the fancy wood working machinery to make it perfect or easier for me to make. Thanks for correcting me.