Prima Vintage Mermaid Wall Art

$30

**This post was sponsored by Prima. However, all opinions are my own. **

I wanted to create coastal wall art that had a vintage vibe and found the perfect mermaid design from Prima. Prima designs can be used on a variety of surfaces including directly to walls, furniture and in this case, canvas.

Step One- Paint the Canvas

I chose to use chalk paint in “Charcoal” to paint the canvas. I loved the rich tones and thought it would be a great backdrop for my vintage mermaid Prima decor transfer.

Step Two- Weathered Effect

After the canvas was covered, I used a paper towel and alternated between wiping and dabbing to achieve a weathered look. I then allowed the canvas to dry according to the Prima Decor Transfer recommendation, before I added the decor transfer.

Step Three- Apply Prima Decor Transfer

I began by laying out the Prima decor transfer, which came in three pieces, on top of my canvas. I wanted to make sure that the design would be evenly spaced around the edges.

Step Four- Apply top piece

I then used painters tape to hold the first piece in place, down the middle of the Prima decor transfer. Using the hinge method, I started on the left side of the decor transfer I pulled the paper backing off. Using the enclosed wooden stick to rub the decor transfer according to the instructions, and continued to pull the paper and rub the Prima decor transfer until attached.

Step Five- Add middle piece

Once the top part of the Prima decor transfer was in place, I removed the paper backing, lined up the middle section and matched up to the design already on the canvas. Unlike other decor transfers, as long as you haven’t started applying the transfer with the wooden stick, you can move the design to match up until you are happy with the placement.

Step Six- Add bottom piece

I continued the same steps as above for the third and final piece of this mermaid Prima decor transfer.

Step Seven- Add Embellishment

To give an additional coastal touch, I added a strand of thick jute rope to the edge of the canvas using a glue gun. I started at the bottom left corner and worked around the canvas.

Final thoughts

Overall the Prima decor transfer was easy to work with. It did take some time to get the entire transfer onto the surface, but it was also a large design. The instructions inside the packaging were easy to follow, and overall I felt the design turned out just like the picture.

Love this piece!

Prima decor transfers come in a variety of colors and patterns perfect for your style of decor. I am loving the way that this vintage mermaid wall art looks in my home.

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style