Prima Vintage Mermaid Wall Art

$30

**This post was sponsored by Prima. However, all opinions are my own. **

I wanted to create coastal wall art that had a vintage vibe and found the perfect mermaid design from Prima. Prima designs can be used on a variety of surfaces including directly to walls, furniture and in this case, canvas.

Step One- Paint the Canvas

I chose to use chalk paint in “Charcoal” to paint the canvas. I loved the rich tones and thought it would be a great backdrop for my vintage mermaid Prima decor transfer.

Step Two- Weathered Effect

After the canvas was covered, I used a paper towel and alternated between wiping and dabbing to achieve a weathered look. I then allowed the canvas to dry according to the Prima Decor Transfer recommendation, before I added the decor transfer.

Step Three- Apply Prima Decor Transfer

I began by laying out the Prima decor transfer, which came in three pieces, on top of my canvas. I wanted to make sure that the design would be evenly spaced around the edges.

Step Four- Apply top piece

I then used painters tape to hold the first piece in place, down the middle of the Prima decor transfer. Using the hinge method, I started on the left side of the decor transfer I pulled the paper backing off. Using the enclosed wooden stick to rub the decor transfer according to the instructions, and continued to pull the paper and rub the Prima decor transfer until attached.

Step Five- Add middle piece

Once the top part of the Prima decor transfer was in place, I removed the paper backing, lined up the middle section and matched up to the design already on the canvas. Unlike other decor transfers, as long as you haven’t started applying the transfer with the wooden stick, you can move the design to match up until you are happy with the placement.

Step Six- Add bottom piece

I continued the same steps as above for the third and final piece of this mermaid Prima decor transfer.

Step Seven- Add Embellishment

To give an additional coastal touch, I added a strand of thick jute rope to the edge of the canvas using a glue gun. I started at the bottom left corner and worked around the canvas.

Final thoughts

Overall the Prima decor transfer was easy to work with. It did take some time to get the entire transfer onto the surface, but it was also a large design. The instructions inside the packaging were easy to follow, and overall I felt the design turned out just like the picture.

Love this piece!

Prima decor transfers come in a variety of colors and patterns perfect for your style of decor. I am loving the way that this vintage mermaid wall art looks in my home.

25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Brooke Cribbs- Cribbs Style