Outdoor Pallet Coffee Table

4 materials
$45

This pallet has been sitting in our garage for the past year and my husband kept asking when he could burn it! To which I would say, "Nooo! I'm going to make something with it... I just don't know what yet!" It was a leftover from when our house's roof was redone... so would you consider it free or really expensive? I'm considering it free. ;)

Well, today this pallet was finally used for something other than firewood. Our "party deck" needed some more furniture, but I just couldn't justify buying outdoor furniture brand new. This was the perfect solution for more table space and it only cost $45!

Supplies

What you will need for this project:

• Wood pallet
  • 16" hairpin legs
  • 1/2" screws
  • Stain (optional)

Tools for this project:

• Palm sander
  • Power drill
Rinse & Dry

I gave this pallet a quick rinse since there were cobwebs and dirt on it. It was just sitting in the back of the garage for a year, after all. I let it dry overnight.

Sand

Sand down the whole pallet. I first used 60 grit, then 120 grit sandpaper.

Attach the legs

Attach the hairpin legs using 1/2" screws.

These legs that I purchased from Amazon did not come with screws, so I picked these up at our local hardware store.

Stain

Stain the pallet with your choice of colour.

Enjoy!

For more ideas and ongoing projects, follow along on Instagram and Facebook!

Insta: @farmhouse.ongunnshill

Facebook: Lauren Ann Design

~Lauren 

• Pallet
  • 16" hairpin legs   (Amazon)
  • 1/2" screws   (Home Hardware)

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next