No Sew Dollar Tree Pillow

$1

I joined a group of bloggers for a fun and unique DIY Surprise Box Challenge. Each of us was assigned a person to buy for. We then had to go to the Dollar Tree (or any local store in our area) pick up an item, and mail it to that person. That person then had to come up with a DIY project with the item they received. Here is what I received. Cute, right?

Now, what to do with this item? I decided I wanted to make a little pillow out of this adorable dish towel. But, dang, I am not a sewer and don’t own a sewing machine. Not to worry. I do own a trusty glue gun. Here is what I did.

First, I gave it a good ironing to get rid of any wrinkles. Then I ironed the edges up slightly on each side to give it a nice even look, and glued them to make sure they stayed put.

Then, I folded it in half and glued all the sides but one. I happened to have an old throw pillow that was just taking up space in a closet. I cut it open and used some of the insides to stuff my new pillow.

Once it was fully stuffed and fluffed, I glued the final side shut. And….viola! That’s it! It’s not the most perfect pillow you ever did see, but it’s not bad either.

The House house