DIY Embroidered Flower Quilt

$5

I am so happy with how my new Embroidered Flower Quilt turned out and am excited to show it to you. I loved the Urban Renewal Embroidered Daisy Kantha Quilt from Urban Outfitters and knew I could make something similar with stuff I already had at home. I pulled out an old quilt and my fabric scraps and gave this blanket a cool makeover.

This is the quilt from Urban Outfitters that inspired this project.

This is the quilt I had at home that I decided to use.

I used scrap fabric to cut out flowers with.

I made lots of flowers and stitched the two fabrics together with my sewing machine because originally I wasn't going to add embroidery to the center of the flowers. I ended up adding embroidery floss to the entire flower, so the sewing machine wasn't necessary.

When the flowers were ready, I stitched them onto my quilt with embroidery floss.

When all the flowers were added, it was time to add some decorative stitching to the quilt.

I added leaves and flowers and definitely plan on adding more when I have more time.

I love how this quilt turned out and think it's such a great way to give a torn/tattered quilt a fun makeover... plus, it's easy and you can work on it while watching tv!

I planned on using this quilt in my room, but my daughter Scout loved it, so it's now in her room.

3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom