Upcycled Chandelier, Bird Feeder or Candle Holder

$10

I was cleaning out my storage room last week, nothing too dramatic, it was just getting harder to walk, and I needed to clear a pathway, when I saw this piece of an old chandelier.

I’m thinking, that thing sure would make a great candle holder. And better yet, I had just enough time to give this guy a facelift before I needed to start cooking dinner.

For this project you’ll just need an old chandelier and a small vintage pie pan…feel free to make substitutions depending on whatever you have on hand.

The light portion of that chandelier was upcycled to become this orb chandelier. This was a project from 2014 so you know how long the outer iron piece has been sitting around collecting dust.

Spray paint the chandelier the color of your choice. I’m using black to give it a wrought iron look.

Use E6000 or some other type of super glue to attach the pie pan to the chandelier.

So here is my candle holder all finished. Super easy right? It was about this point I thought, wouldn't this make a great bird feeder?

So slight detour here while I make the chandelier into a bird feeder.

To hang, I inserted a screw eye thru the top then attached a wingnut to the bottom of the screw eye.

Add a chain and you're ready to hang your bird feeder.

It started to rain shortly after I hung the feeder and the few holes that were already in the pie tin did a great job of draining. The hook is a  Heavy Duty Hook, 37 Inch Pole which attaches directly to the deck.  It swivels to allow for easy filling of the feeder.

In my yard I wouldn’t be able to keep this bird feeder out for any length of time because my squirrels are relentless, though I did enjoy watching all my visitors. Normally a squirrel proof feeder hangs from the hook and does a pretty good job of deterring the squirrels.

Back to plan A...I took the bird feeder down because I really wanted to create the candle holder. All the work was already done I just had to unscrew the eye bolt and remove the chain.

If you’d like a hanging candle holder just leave everything as is and clean out the bird seed.

Whether you intend to make a chandelier or a bird feeder (or an orb light) keep an eye out for an old chandelier with good bones.

Join me over at Scavengerchic.com for tons more DIYs and upcycles.

ScavengerChic