Towel Rack From Old Chandelier

$0

Here is an easy way to create storage around your pool and get rid of that dated brass chandelier.

It’s Winter this side of the world but looking at a Hometalk Highlights about garden storage just now I had a brainwave - I had an old chandelier that would make a great poolside towel rack. And since it is brass it will be perfectly fine to live outside until we start swimming again. And a bonus: it doesn't need to be painted.

Cut the electrical chord

I simply cut off and removed all visible parts of the electrical chord.

Unscrew all extra bits

This includes the cup that gets attached to the ceiling and any extra parts of the sockets that can be removed. The electrical chord needs to be cut at the sockets as well so that you can unscrew them.

Removing the sockets

Thread some chord through

When I removed the cup I was left with this bolt and ring. I simply threaded a chord through the ring and left the bolt to hang down.

Hang

I have a nice low tree branch that is perfect for hanging the towel rack. You could also hang it from a porch rafter or install a large bracket, just mind that it doesn’t hit something close by because it will swing.

Go Swim!

My rack allows for at least 5 towels to hang, away from mud and dust and it's low enough for little tykes to hang up their own. No more begging or threats!

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps

• Flipturn

Do you know if the coating on the fixture is rust proof? 'Just wondering about water(from rain, or moisture from towels) sitting in the concave indentations, causing rust to form that would transfer on to the towels?

• Les

If in doubt, spray with a clear sealer.