I went to the park with my Silica Gel box to pick flowers and leaves. I didn't had a strategy at the time, so I basically picked everything I though would look nice. After I had enough, I covered it all, carefully, with more Silica Gel.
Framed Dried Flowers
Lately I have been seeing a lot of framed pressed dried flowers ad on Instagram. It looked wonderful; although I couldn't understand why to press the poor flowers against the glass. So, I decided to create a version where the flowers more free and has some depth.
Waiting for 24 hours
Then, I waited for 24 hours for the flowers to get dry. I left my Silica Gel box in a dry place, and placed a book on top of the lid, to make sure it is indeed closed.
Purchasing a picture frame
In the meantime, I went on Amazon and purchased a Copper-coloured frame. Had to use the next-day shipping delivery to be sure it will be there in time for when the flowers are ready.
Takin out the flowers from the box
I have carefully taken out the flowers from the box, and left them on the table. Some needed a shake to remover all the Silica Gel. Then, I got creative. I started to look for the best composition for my frame.
Looking for a comoposition
I was not sure what colours I should use or not,
should I use them all or not?
I have played with the flowers for a good 20 minutes...
and played some more...
Until I have decided what I want to do!
Creating the background
I disassembled the frame, and copied the size of the paper that was placed inside to create the white background.
I glued it to the back of the frame.
Cleaning the frame
I have carefully clean the glass and started to place the flowers inside.
Creating the depth
Then, I wanted to create some depth, as if the flowers are floating inside the frame. I started by cutting 1cm strips of a cardboard, from the Amazon packaging that my frame came in. It was 1cm by the height and width of the frame; I glued it inside. This means the flowers are slightly pressed against the glass so they will stay in place.
Closing it up
That means that the frame could not be sealed again with its "normal" sealing. Then, I created a new seal with triangle cardboard and glued it to the frame.
The finished product
The depth is really noticeable, I love it!
Let me know what you think.