Easy Fabric Planter Bins

$5

These easy, fabric planter bins are so easy to make and a great way to add some fun & color to your home for the summer. These planters are great indoors or out and can also be used for getting organized. I had these metal bins at home already, but you can find them anywhere. You can also use popcorn and cookie tins for this project if you have those on hand.

Use clean, dry bins for this project.

This is a great project for using up fabric scraps, just make sure you have enough to wrap the bins.

Add Mod Podge to your container, working in small sections. Apply the fabric, then press and smooth with fingers or paint brush. Work all the way around the bin and trim access fabric.

Apply another layer of Mod Podge over the fabric and let dry. I trimmed my fabric at the top of the planter, but you can also tuck the fabric over the top if you prefer.

When the Mod Podge is completely dry, you can add plants or flowers.

I love how these planters turned out and will definitely use them indoors when summer is over. For now, they look great on my porch and I love the pops of color from the fabric.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• A. Gaige

What did you do in bottom of container for drainage, if metal water would rust, assuming u would put holes and some type of stones or gravel for drainage.

• Crumly

Doesn’t rain water take off the fabric?

• SnowKnitty

If you're concerned about the fabric coming off over time, you can spray a coat or two of polyurethane sealer over the finished piece. Personally, I would just do it again with new fabrics to vary up the look.

• Becky Deakle-Ash

Shouldn't you still a hole for drainage?

• Jill

Great idea! Behr Marquis paint now comes in plastic gallon buckets. I drilled some holes in the bottom and then used outdoor Mod Podge. No rust to worry about- except the handles which can be removed or sprayed with sealant.

• Tonya

I love this idea!!tfs