Postage Stamp Jar Tealights

$9

My husband doesn't drink or smoke, his only vice is that he has a sweet tooth and he especially loves fancy yogurts in little glass jars. Even though you can recycle the glass personally I think they are a bit of a waste. However, the little glass jars are so cute I can't help keeping some back for crafting.

The other day I was clearing out my craft cupboard and I came across a big pile of old postage stamps that is when I got the idea for this cute upcycle. Using remote controlled tea lights like the ones I used for my cute map luminary bags.

Even though the jars are little they have a neck that is wide enough for a tealight. I love to use those remote controlled tea lights you can get. The ones where you can turn on and off several tealights in one go.

If you are using different jars, make sure that the tea light fits in the jar before you start.

Postage stamps come in lots of colors and sizes. They often have different pictures on them and can be sorted by the pictures or country of origin.

However, I do love a rainbow so for this DIY I sorted my stamps by color. I wanted a rainbow of tealights.

Using decoupage glue I stuck stamps of the same color onto each jar.

I covered the whole of each jar.

A layer of Mod Podge was added over the top to act as a protective varnish.

I ended up with a wonderful rainbow of tea lights for my mantle. These would make a lovely present for someone. You could personalise them by just using stamps of a particular country or with a particular theme such as sports or birds.

For more pictures detals and upcycling idea visit my blog post.

Claire at Pillarboxblue

• Diana Runs with Scissors

I happen to notice a $0.02 stamp. That's very very very old. I'm very very old, and that was on my grandparents envelopes that I inherited. I love your idea, but I just wanted to mention that that stamp might be worth something if you can find the right buyer. Just a thought. Your idea is very unique and cute.

• Liz
    Yesterday

I like this idea.

I have lots of old stamps my dear old mom was a collector

but I too thought they’d be worth something

better I make something useful I can appreciate w them I say