How to Make a Wall Bar Using a Pallet

$30

I was asked to make a wall bar to go on the wall next to a spa for drinks and snacks while relaxing in the spa. She wanted it to be weather proof so it could survive outside all year round. As an extra bonus, I added the logo for my son in laws favorite sports team and their team chant.

Find a pallet

To start you will need a pallet in reasonably good condition. If you have a painted one it will be lots of work to sand it clean.

Using a jigsaw or hand saw cut the pallet in half.

Because the bar will be outside permanently, I wanted to line the back to try and keep some of the spiders and dirt out. Using a thin piece of plywood, cut the wood to size to seal up the back of the bar.

To fix the plywood to the back of the box, you can cut a scrap of wood and nail it to the back of the pallet.

Seal the top

To close in the top and the bottom of the pallet, you can remove two slats for the leftover pallet and attached them to both side. This will stop some of the dust and rain getting inside the bar.

Add drainage holes

The bottom shelf is what will hold all the bottles in place. In case any rain did get inside the box, you can add some holes using a hole saw. This will let the water run out and prevent the wood from rotting.

Add shelves

Using more offcuts of wood you can cut some wood to make shelves for the inside.

Make a drop down counter

Cut a piece of wood to the correct size to fit inside the gap as your drop down counter.

Paint your bar

You can now paint and decorate the drop down counter the way you want it. Use a suitable outdoor paint and seal the hole bar with exterior varnish.

Add the hardware

You can add some handles and a roller latch to the bar. The roller latch will keep the door closed when not in use.

Add some hooks to the inside of the box and the drop down counter to hold the counter in place when in use. The hooks and chain I used were not suitable.

The hooks need to be bigger and the chain should be a solid link. This we picked up when we used it.

Add decal to the bar

I made some decals for the bar using a cricut vinyl cutter, but you can buy decals online.

And that was my drop down pallet wall bar complete. For a more detailed tutorial and step by step pictures and instructions you can visit my website listed below.

Toddler lego table

Looking for more great ideas, see how I turn an old desk into a lego play table for my niece.

Are you looking for ways to make your glass bowls more exciting, this simple technique will help you get a frosted look with nice clean lines.

Unique Creations By Anita

I love this. I could use it for spray paint storage in my shop. Instead of a drop down shelf I would make two doors.

• Monica

I love this! You make it look much easier than it would be for me. How did you attach it to the wall? I imagine it would get a little heavy.