Red, White & Blue Paper Straw Wreath

$6

I am in $10 on the 10th blog hop challenge every month, where we are challenged to make a project for under $10 on the 10th of the month. My project this month cost me $6. This month’s theme was Red, White and Blue. Read below to see the Red, White & Blue Paper Straw Wreath I made.

I went to the Dollar Tree to shop for materials for this challenge. I wasn’t sure what I was going to make but did have a few ideas in mind. However, nothing was catching my eye until I spotted these paper straws. Somewhere, at some point, I had seen similar straws used to make a wreath. I grabbed 4 packages of the red, and 2 blue ones.

Step 1 in Making this Red, White and Blue Paper Straw Wreath…

I needed something to glue the straws to, so the first thing I did was cut out a cardboard circle to use as my base. It is not perfect, but I didn’t care as I knew you wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.

Step 2, Arrange and Glue the Straws…

Next, using your glue gun, start arranging and gluing the straws all around the circle until you can’t see the cardboard anymore.

Feel free to add the straws however you want. I used more red than blue, but you could use all blue or all red, or alternate them, or do 2 red, 1 blue or whatever you like. Also, I cut some of the straws in half so I had different sizes and depths to work with.

Just keep gluing and placing straws until you are satisfied with how they look. So simple.

Step 3...

Lastly, I glued a piece of rope to the back so there was a way to hang it up.

That is it! Hang and enjoy! This is perfect for Flag Day or Independence Day, or leave on your door all summer long.

The House house