Open Frame Wall Gallery From Thrifted Frames

$15

Have you ever found amazing frames; but the glass is missing or you have nothing to put in it? You can easily create a beautiful collage of open frames on your wall! It's super easy and such a pretty statement!

Gather your open frames

Open frames are pretty easy to find at thrift stores and yard sales. You can also remove the glass from frames; and just use the frame. These are just a few of the frames I used for my gallery wall.

I personally love vintage wood frames, with decorative scrolls. Those can be hard to find at times. I have been lucky enough to find a few.

Paint

decide on a paint color you want your frames to be. I wanted mine to be an antique white; so I used House and Canvas chalk paint, in the color Champagne.

If you are going for a pop of color, there are lots of options out there!

Paint your frames

once you have your paint color picked out, it's time to paint away!

Hanging the frames

I just used small nails to hang the frames. I didn't include any hardware to hang them; I just placed the frames directly on the nail.

Arranging your frames

How you arrange your frames is completely up to you! This is an example of one side of my gallery wall. I added little cutout silhouettes to represent my family and such.

***I would suggest laying your frames out on the floor, and arranging them, before nailing in the wall. It will give you an idea as to how it will look.***

completed project

this is the other side of the gallery wall. Like I said, you can arrange, and add as many frames as your heart desires!

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants

• Johanne Palange
    Johanne Palange

What is it about white on white on white? It makes me feel desolate, very uneasy, it's like a ghostly foreboding. And the step ladder looks like you haven't gotten around to storing it properly. I like your green table. It looks a lot like stuff I have in my own home.

• Diana Runs with Scissors
      Diana Runs with Scissors

I also like the green table. I like the ladder because it is thinking outside the box so boring traditional bookcases don't hold the things you want to display. I also love white on white. My school teacher friend stiffened beautiful white doilies and fastened them to the wall before adding unique frames that were size appropriate for them. Just love this.

• Geraldine Thomas
    Geraldine Thomas

why not use Command hooks instead of nails, less damage to walls, just a suggestion