Repurposed Clementine Box DIY Craft

$5

I found this cute clementine box at a local junk store awhile back for $1.00. I thought it was the cutest thing. Today, I am going to show you how I repurposed a clementine box.

This is a very simple project. My plan was to paint the outside, but I just couldn’t bring myself to paint the inside of the box. I did not want to cover up the advertisement. Not that its old, you can see from the picture it is not. But I think it should stay none-the-less.

I also found a box of wooden letters. I thought I would add the word “grow” to the outside of the clementine box.

Buried underneath the letters were these wood, round beads. I think they would make great little feet for the box. They were stained and left over from another project. I thought the stain would coordinate well with the light green.

My paint stash is growing very slim. With that being said, I decided to mix two colors that I had on hand. I mixed Dixie Belle Mint Julep with a little of the Home Décor chalk paint in White. I wanted a light green.

Here is the color after mixing.

Before I painted the box, I gave the wood letters one light coat of Minwax Special Walnut.

Next, I applied the paint to the clementine box. I only applied one coat.

After the paint dried, I used my hot glue gun and glued one bead to the bottom corners.

Lastly, I glued the letters onto the face of the clementine box. And I must admit, that I had to use an M in place of the W because I had no W in my letter box! Improvise!

My plan is to use this for my herbs, but at the moment I don’t have any ☹ so faux plants will have to do!

Christina Faye Repurposed

• Lynne

lovely idea!! also love the color you chose

• Kelli

Its very cute, you could even put some material inside the box