How To Make Mason Jar Fruit Glasses

$5
1 Day

It's summertime, and my family enjoys being outside, and dinners on the patio. I used mason jars to create fun mason jar fruit glasses to serve our drinks in and celebrate the wonderful season. You can see more of my crazy creations here

I grabbed 4 mason jars from the dollar store. You can use recycled jars if you like. I wanted them to be smooth on all surfaces.

Clean the Glasses

I washed all of the jars, and then I wiped them all off with an alcohol prep pad. This will free the jar from all oils, dirt, etc and help your paint stick better to the glass.

Paint the Jars

I painted each jar with Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Paint. It's important to use paint that will adhere to glass and make sure to honor the cure times.

I painted each jar a different color -

• Candy Apple Red
  • Paradise Pink
  • Lemon Yellow
  • Outrageous Orange

After painting each jar, I let them dry for 1 hour per the instructions.

Options for creating stems

For my red jar, I used E6000 to glue floral tape to the bottom as I was creating a strawberry. The green would be the stem. E6000 is a permanent glue and will stay on for washing later.

Another option for the accents is to add paint for the stem. For the yellow jar I used Apple Barrel Multi-Surface Paint in the color True Green. I painted around the top to create the stem.

Another option is to use tissue paper. I cut a little green tissue paper and used Mod Podge to adhere it to the bottom of the jar. I started by painting on the Mod Podge, applying the tissue paper, then painting another layer of Mod Podge on the top. This one would be a watermelon. I set it aside to dry.

Adding the fruit design

For my last jar, I was creating an orange. I used more of the Apple Barrel Multi Surface Paint in the color lemon and painted on a circle with the wedge lines.

On the pineapple, I used Apple Barrel Black Multi Surface Paint to create little "V" accents.

On the strawberry I added little black seed dots with the black paint.

For the watermelon I added black seed circles.

Protective Top Coat

Once all of the jars had dried and cured according to the paint instructions, I placed a couple layers of Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge to them following the jar instructions.

This will allow them to be hand washed. If you opt to put them in the dish washer, place them on the top rack only.

I bought some fun umbrella straws for them and we're so excited to use them all summer long! These would make great gifts as well.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Chas' Crazy Creations