How do I plant this? Will it continue to grow?

+11
q how do i plant this will it continue to grow
  • Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jun 15, 2020

Hopefully, it will, the leaves look pretty healthy, can't tell if you have any rooting going on.

• If it hasn't formed roots yet, the answer is 'no'. Here's a link on growing roses from cuttings:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/roses/roses-from-cuttings.htm

• Gk Gk on Jun 15, 2020

This could be your own experiment! Cut off the dead flower down to the first set of leaves, leave it in water until you see some roots, and then plant it in a pot with some potting soil and see what happens.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 15, 2020

Thank you. I was thinking about just planting in potting soil. Experiment!

• Em Em on Jun 15, 2020

An ideal rose cutting is at least 12 inches long. These cuttings can be placed root-side down in jars of water to take root.

Cut the rose off to near the top of the first set of leaves.

• Sharon Sharon on Jun 15, 2020

I failed to mention that the rose is the last one of a dozen from May 21st. So should I cut the bottom off the stem and place in water or leave it alone? I don’t see any roots yet.

• Recreated Designs Recreated Designs on Jun 15, 2020

Hi Sharon, Do you have roots growing yet? The simple answer, if there are roots, then yes you can plant it. If the roots are just starting or haven't started yet, then I would wait a little longer until you have some good roots to replant. Good luck!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 15, 2020

General rule is dug a hole twice the size of the pot. Loosen roots. Check soil to see if it needs amending. Place in hole and fill. Feed and water. It should continue to grow.

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Jun 15, 2020

I'd put it in soil and find out!

• Betsy Betsy on Jun 16, 2020

Hi Sharon: I would get some good potting soil and a product called Root Tone. Put the soil in a container, poke a hole in the soil, get the stem of the plant wet (I'd cut that bottom leaf stem off) dip it in the Root Tone and stick it in the hole. Tamp the soil around the stem to be sure all of the air pockets are gone and water. Put it in indirect light and it should be o.k. Where you cut the bottom leaf stem off, roots should grow from that area. You can also tear off a few leaves from the stem you cut off, put it in water and Root Tone and see if it grows. It just might. Good luck

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Jun 30, 2020

cut a stem shorter and stick in potato ...roots will beautifully form ..Check more details here https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361695413821300942/