Asked on Jun 15, 2020

Can vinyl flooring be used as an outdoor dance floor?

Niki Vella PowerKim  |Exquisitely UnremarkableJohnavallance82
+9

Trying to find a cheap way to do a dance floor for one night. Can vinyl waterproof flooring be used?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

It would depend what was under it. If it’s lumpy like a lawn - the vinyl floor will be wavy and hard to dance on. On A patio might work though.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Since its just for one night, is make a dance floor with with plywood over 2 x 2s. You can paint, stain and seal. Have fun

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Hi this is Peggy. I hope this helps you build your outdoor dance floor. Hope you have a great time.

Hey, Let's Make a Dance Floor (With images) | Wedding ...

www.pinterest.com › pin

Diy outdoor wedding dance floor backyards 27 ideas for 2019 - All For Garden Buffet ... Cheap dance floor ideas | inexpensive dance flooring #wedding #diy ... This is a pretty easy project to do considering how cool this dance floor turns out.

• Unique Creations By Anita
    Unique Creations By Anita

You can but you will need some thick plywood underneath to prevent high heels cutting through it.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

For our daughters outside wedding, we rented a small dance floor. The same supplier who rented us the tent, had the floor. Good luck and stay safe!

• Gk
    Gk

You would have to have a really flat/level surface to lay the flooring on or it will be bumpy and wavy from anything underneath it. Renting a dance floor is a good idea but even then you have to have a fairly level spot as most of the rented dance floors come in sections and need to be clicked together. Depending on the lay of the land there can be humps and bumps!

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I don't see why you couldn't. You could tack it down on the edges.

• Use but it won't be waterproof if it rains.

• Dee
    Dee

I think the sheet vinyl would work great if you are installing it over concrete. Make sure the concrete is swept well so you get no bumps. I would check out a building surplus or get a remnant from a flooring store.

• Johnavallance82
    Johnavallance82

Hello Adrienne,

Have a good time! Yes you could, but if it rains it will be slippery..............

• I would be concerned about it being slippery or not laying flat on the ground. However, if it wasn't super slick, you could built a base and lay it on top. Something like this perhaps: https://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/how-to-build-a-dance-floor/

• Niki Vella Power
    Niki Vella Power

also wanting to do this... and wondering if I get a load of sand to lay on grass if that would help it sit flat???? my ground is pretty hard but I'm concerned about lumps.