Grab Some Placemats for This Decor Hack!

$7

You'll only need 10 minutes to transform those ugly planters with placemats.

I always run into the same problem with my bigger plants! When it comes time to repot them the pretty pots are so expensive. Seeing as we're on a tight budget I decided to give this a try with some DIY planter covers.

Prepping the placemats!

I got these placemats at peir one imports. They were only $3 each. Since one placemat wasn't enough to wrap around my planter I had to use two and combine them together.

I left the tassels on one side for decor but, the areas where I need to connect the two place mats together I cut them off. To connect my placemats together I used some floral wire. If you're confused I share the video version + more photos on the blog- https://www.lilyardor.com/ugly-pot-hack/

Adding Velcro

Now to make this work you'll need some velcro. I actually bought some velcro tape at joanns but the tape was so weak I ended up hot gluing the velcro pieces to the ends of the placemat. That's it! Just wrap it around the planter and secure it with the velcro. Super easy right? :)

I love the how the tassels look on the seem. :) This only cost my $7 to make. So much better than paying $50 for a new pot that's heavy and I can't move around much. I love taking my plants outdoors sometimes when I water them. So these plastic pots underneath make it pretty convenient.

That it! Thanks so much for tunning in! I hope this inspires you to recycle some placemats into homedecor!

CHECK OUT MY BLOG FOR MORE HOME DECOR HACKS - :) https://www.lilyardor.com

The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Lily Oleynik

• Veronica

What kind of plant is that? It’s pretty.

• Nelda

I love this!! I am small & old & can't lift the pretty pots. I will be doing this. I wonder if you could cut a placemat to cover smaller pots? I will have to experiment. Thanks for the idea.

• Maryduffy1988

A great idea but as the mat is higher than the pot does this affect the plant.

• Ell

It's funny how something so simple is going to make a very big difference in my decor! I have two large, heavy palm trees in ugly, plastic pots, but they won't be ugly for long! Thanks for the tip!

• Rosalie Walker

Yes