Refinished Vintage 6 Legged Parlor Table

$30

Look what I found on the side of the road while walking the dog! A Vintage 6 legged Parlor Table. Now, why would someone put this out? All it needed some work and some new hardware. This is something I love doing, Restoring, Rehabbing, Updating whatever you want to call it. I love sanding and stripping a table to show the natural color and maybe painting to show off a pretty feature of it.

Here is what I started with

Here is the table after sanding the top layer. What a difference!

I took the top off and I sanded the middle bar.

I had recently purchased Fusion Mineral Paint in Seaside and wanted to see how the legs would look in this color. One leg painted and I was hooked. 

The legs were painted and the under the trim of the top was also.. then I decided that the middle bar and the top were going to be this pretty stain called Golden Pecan from Minwax.

I did three coats of Golden Pecan stain, sanding lightly in between, and then a coat of Minwax Satin Poly to seal it.

Here were the original screws that were in the table, nothing matched. Off the hardware store, where I picked up 6 of these and some wood filler. Some of the screws wouldn't hold tight, so I filled them with wood filler then screwed everything in.

This vintage 6 legged parlor table has been lovingly restored.  It would be beautiful in any room! Every time I look at it I feel like it would be great in beachy styled home or lake home. Either way, I am so happy with how it turned out.

To see more photos please look here

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Lori O'Farrill