Dollar Store Topiary

$5

I love doing home decor on a budget and when I saw these moss balls I knew I could create a topiary set for under $5.

Let’s get started!

What you’ll need:

2 pots

2 packages of moss balls

1 package or wood dowels or 2 skewers (you could also use a branch)

I package of foam blocks or styrofoam that you may have

1 bag of moss or Spanish moss

I picked all of these up at the dollar store.

Use your foam blocks and cut the foam to fit your pot. Push it down so it's 1”1/2 from the top. I already had Styrofoam so I just used that (free is always good)!

To help you get the right shape, push the pot down into the foam and then cut around it.

It should look like this.

Next, take your skewer and using the pointy side push it all the way through the middle of the moss ball.

Move the moss ball up the skewer so you enough room to push it through to the bottom of the styrofoam. Then trim your skewer/dowel.

Add your second moss ball to the top of the skewer with out poking it all the way through, unless you want to add a third moss ball.

Add hot glue to the top of the foam and cover with moss green or Spanish moss - what ever you like!

Now I have 2 beautiful topiaries for only $5! This was a quick and simple project.

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Thanks for the charming idea and your use of those cute moss balls from the dollar store. I have always thought there should be more ways to use them. Do you have any other ideas about how to cover the bare wooden dowels?

• Barbara
    Barbara

They are really charming.

Are you using them on table or floor?