Pretty Garden Labels

$10

I was tired of the flimsy garden labels that come with the seedlings blowing away. So I decided to make some that would stay put and look pretty as well.

@mixedbagofbeautiful

I grabbed myself some thin garden stakes that were 60 cms long, some black spray paint , masking tape and a paint pen. Simple products that could be found in any hardware store.

@mixedbagofbeautiful

60 cms was way too long so I cut them in half using my mitre saw and bevelled the edges to a 45 degree angles so it had some digging power when putting it in the grown. You could easily have made them even smaller (maybe 20 cms). You can see the difference between my cut and the end that came with it, but they both go in the ground so it didn't matter what they looked like, just that it was easy to push in the dirt.

@mixedbagofbeautiful

I then taped off where I wanted the black paint to end and sprayed away. I covered the parts I didn’t want black but they ended up with a bit of overspray. Oh well, it makes it look……. rustic?

@mixedbagofbeautiful

All ready to write on using my white paint pen. I did make one mistake but it was easy to wipe off while the paint pen was still wet.

How perfect did they turn out? Now I can see what is growing and they won’t blow away in the wind or get watered into the ground with an overzealous waterer.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

They look so perfect in my garden!!