Heart Shaped Scrunchie Storage

$15

My daughter has a decent collection of hair scrunchies so I decided to make her something to store & display them.

I had a expandable wooden peg coat rack that I had purchased from Kmart (in Australia) for $9AUD which was perfect for storing them, but I decided to get a little creative and change the shape of it.

Before: expandable peg coat rack

The process was pretty simple, all the sections of wood were attached together with screws so the first thing I did was dismantle the whole thing by removing all the screws.

Once I had all the pieces separated I layed them out on the table and formed them into a shape of a heart.

Making a heart shape

Once I was happy with the shape I removed a couple pegs (where there was two on one join - see below pic) and moved them to where there was none.

The pegs had been screwed & glued on so with the screws out I just snapped them off to remove.

Removing some pegs

To attached the pegs onto the sections where there were none I just screwed them on using the holes that were already there.

Lastly, I removed the original hooks to hang it (as they were now in the wrong places) and I just used some adhesive tape to attach it to the wall instead.

I was going to reattach the hooks to the top to hang on the wall but I found that by putting adhesive in a few sections of the heart helped to locked the shape into place.

For the final touch I added my daughters favourite scrunchies and it was done!

The perfect way to store scrunchies with the bonus of being a beautiful feature piece. ❤️

For more of my DIY projects please check out my Instagram page:

www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving