Heart Shaped Scrunchie Storage

$15

My daughter has a decent collection of hair scrunchies so I decided to make her something to store & display them.

I had a expandable wooden peg coat rack that I had purchased from Kmart (in Australia) for $9AUD which was perfect for storing them, but I decided to get a little creative and change the shape of it.

Before: expandable peg coat rack

The process was pretty simple, all the sections of wood were attached together with screws so the first thing I did was dismantle the whole thing by removing all the screws.

Once I had all the pieces separated I layed them out on the table and formed them into a shape of a heart.

Making a heart shape

Once I was happy with the shape I removed a couple pegs (where there was two on one join - see below pic) and moved them to where there was none.

The pegs had been screwed & glued on so with the screws out I just snapped them off to remove.

Removing some pegs

To attached the pegs onto the sections where there were none I just screwed them on using the holes that were already there.

Lastly, I removed the original hooks to hang it (as they were now in the wrong places) and I just used some adhesive tape to attach it to the wall instead.

I was going to reattach the hooks to the top to hang on the wall but I found that by putting adhesive in a few sections of the heart helped to locked the shape into place.

For the final touch I added my daughters favourite scrunchies and it was done!

The perfect way to store scrunchies with the bonus of being a beautiful feature piece. ❤️

For more of my DIY projects please check out my Instagram page:

www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving