- Wood a 1×6 10ft long pine board works great.
- Small wood screws or nails
- Craft wire
- Miter saw. I like this one. You need one that can cut 45 degree angles.
- Environmentally wood stain or paint. I like this one. You could also keep it natural and not use any finish.
Fill the bug house with: pine cones, small twigs, broken garden pots, small block of wood.
If you purchase a 1×6 board that is 10 feet long that should be plenty of wood to make all the cuts, plus a little extra in case you screw up!
- Cut three shelves 5 1/2 x 11
- Cut two side pieces 5 1/2 x 10- cut the top at a 45 degree angle so that it fits in with the slanted roof.
- Cut two back pieces 5 1/2 x 13 (cut the top at a 45 degree angle. The shorter side should be 10 inches)
- Cut one roof pieces 5 1/2 x 7.5
- Cut one roof piece 5 1/2 x 8
- Cut one divide 5 1/2 x 5 cut the edge of the 5 inch side at a 45 degree angle on both sides so that it fits into underside peak of the roof.