DIY Farmhouse Tier Tray From Dollar Store

$3

Create this Dollar Tree tiered tray to add farmhouse decor to your home. This DIY is easy to re-create and decorate seasonally within your home. This Dollar Tree Farmhouse Tiered Tray is a fun and perfect DIY you display in your home!

Gather Dollar Store Supplies

In order to make this  Dollar Tree Tiered Tray, you will need to gather up your supplies.
  • Dollar Tree burner covers (2 come to a package)
  • 1 Ninja toy (use will use only one of the pieces in the toy) You can also use a PVC tubing or a sturdy paper/cardboard vinyl roll tube such as a tube from Cricut vinyl.
Note: Paper Towel tubes will not be sturdy enough.
  • 12 Wood Blocks for feet of tray (also from the toy/game section at Dollar Tree) This is optional if you want to save $1.
  • White spray paint or color of your choice –  this is my favorite.
  • Twine from the Dollar Tree (floral section)
  • Dollar Tree (6 pack from office section)
  • Sharpie paint pens
  • Glue Gun or E6000 glue
All together, this tray cost me less than $3 to make. Some materials I already had on hand in my home, and some things you do not use entirely, so it is almost pennies on some items to add together to make this tier tray stand.

Spray paint your pieces

If you are using white for your color, make sure you spray paint both sides of the burner covers because the white will be different. After I did the first side and flipped one burner over, it looked as if the Dollar Tree white had a purple hue to it.Originally, I started off painting with acrylic paint, which is something you can do, but I opted in the end for spray paint to give it a more even finish. I also felt spray paint was much faster.Spray paint one of the Ninja toy sticks (darkest brown section only) and the wood blocks you plan to use as the feet.Then make the handles for the top of the tray. The next part you will want to create is the handles to be placed at the top of the second tier of the tray.  Using two of the notebook rings, tie a piece of twine in a knot at the hinge. Then wrap the twin around the hinge for a good amount and hot glue in place

Putting the stand together

Now it is time to put the stand together. Using hot glue secure the wood blocks to the bottom of the larger tray. I double-stacked my pieces creating 4 feet around the outer rim of the tray, and another 4 books in the middle of the tray to add extra support.Glue the larger piece of the Ninja toy stick to the bottom tray in the center. Place your smaller tray on top, and glue into place. Lastly, glue and secure the smaller stick and handles section to the tray

Display and style your tray

One last thing you can do for an added touch is to use a sharpie paint pen or marker to color to the rim around the edges of the trays. It gives it that farmhouse look you might be going for in your home decor.

Add Accessories and Display

I really love the way this came out. It is super cute and fun to have. You can even use it to put light snacks or mini desserts on for a party or guests.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Layne Dasher

• Janeen Denny

Ninja toy?

• Carol

What did you do to the toy to make it look as though it had grooves in it sort of like wood grain? It is very interesting and looks very nice. I really like your project and I bet the items you placed on it were re-painted too. The mug looks like an enameled mug. My grandmother had a bucket on her back porch with a dipper in it and a mug looking very much like yours sitting beside the bucket. She did not have running water in her early days. It was to get a drink of water without going to the water pump in the yard. Talk about farmhouse décor!!

• Slon

I’m not the OP, but the nunchucks at our DT have the grooves already in them. This is a brilliant hack!