Dollar Tree Pizza Pan Makeover

$2

Check out how I took this $1 pizza pan from the Dollar Tree and transformed it into a cute tray. Who knew there were so many uses for a pizza pan besides using one to make pizza? If you google or search for pizza pan crafts on Pinterest, you will be amazed at what you find. Here is my version…

Check out the steps below....

Step 1 - Paint

First, I spray painted the tray white.

Step 2 - Add a stencil (optional)

I used this compass rose stencil that I already had and used on this trash to treasure table

I had some navy blue paint in the garage so I used that.

There were some mistakes so my son helped me cover them up with white paint and a small paint brush.

Step 3 - Add Rope (optional)

I felt like it needed it little something extra so I glued some Dollar Tree rope around the edge.

Step 4 - Add legs

Lastly, I had my husband cut these clothes hangers with his table saw to use as legs. 

We cut them at 3 inches.

Once they were cut, I used my glue gun to glue 4 pieces to the bottom of the pizza pan to make it a serving tray.

That is it! Use it however you want. I put some plants on it for this picture, but it would be cute to use at a party to serve cupcakes or cookies (just be sure to put a doily down first, or a piece of parchment paper).

Click the link below to see more Dollar Tree crafts.

The House house

• Teresa
    Yesterday

Love this!!! Long term .. does the hot glue hold good or would E6000 be better?

Also, if you put a good coat of food-grade Mod Podge over the paint, wouldn't it then be safe to put food directly on the tray?

• The House house
      Yesterday

The hot glue has worked so far but I suspect E6000 would be even better (I just didn't have any on hand when I made this).

And yes to your other question too.

• Cathie Petrasek
    Yesterday

Won’t the other part work for doll clothes hangers?

• Melody Thompson
      Yesterday

I believe you can buy doll hangers at the dollar tree or maybe dollar General. This tray looks amazing.

• Nancy Akin
    17 hours ago

Not a question, but wow this is cute! Also, if you had any of those little table-looking plastic pieces that are used to hold pizza box lids from smashing pizza, could they be used for legs?