Air Plants Wall Hanging

$10.

I had a bunch of air plants and wanted to make something for them to hang on the wall, using items I had at home.

art from AC Moore before they closed, cost me .70 cents.

I thought I could paint over this little wooden boxed out art, I was very wrong. Whatever it was made from bubbled up, got stringy and downright gross. I was about to toss it and start over but then I decoupaged over that with silver tissue paper.

the back of the cheap wall art.

silver tissue paper decoupaged on with Modge Podge.

You can see the butterflies I was raising in the background. I love them.

Modge Podge, baby!

I only used one coat of silver tissue paper to cover it. I let it dry overnight. I bought this Modge Podge a long time ago being the first in line to get a special coupon at the store and scored a 70% off one item. Naturally, this giant Modge Podge is what I bought.

I got out my sea glass and sea shells and tried to decide how they would fit together.

I like it but it's too busy like this.

I tried out a few different ways to add my sea glass and sea shells. too many times.

finished project

I glued it all down with a hot glue gun and added moss, tiny rocks and sand that I had in my craft room. I had to work very quickly with the hot glue and the sand. The air plants are super easy to care for, I simply remove them, mist them with water and put them back into the places.

I put $10.00 as the cost because the air plants were about $1.50 each and I "guess estimated" the rest.

I had the shells, sea glass, the sand, tiny rocks and moss from previous projects.

I love the texture in the tissue paper even though that wasn't the plan.

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own

• Sunny

Hi, I really love this and don't know much about air plants. 😕 So my question is how are the plants attached so you can remove them to water them? Thanks!

• Irma Heredia

my airplants are almost five years old. misting them never worked for me. I soak them in a bowl, totally immersed, for one hour once a week.

• Kor10108668

I don't understand how the plants are removed for misting do you have to hot glue them back on every time?

• Val

Yes, thank you, they just sit there, they don't fall out and I simply take them out to mist and then return.

• Franci Pepin

do the plants grow at all??