Thrift Store Book Becomes Gallery Wall

$40

I turned a book of wildlife prints I found for $3 at the thrift shop into a gorgeous gallery wall.

When I was a little girl my parents had a big book of beautiful animal illustrations. I loved to read through it. It was called  Character Sketches from the Pages of Scripture. There are two different volumes. The one I found at the thrift was Volume II. And I thought it would be beautiful framed all together making a gallery wall.

This was such a simple and inexpensive project. The first thing I did was cut the string binding. Then I could take out the pages. Some of them I had to cut out if they were still attached.

I started buying simple black frames at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale a few at a time.

Then I simply put each print in a frame.

My husband hung them up in three rows. I rearranged them to try to space out the birds, butterflies and mammals.

For under $40 we achieved this gorgeous gallery wall! It was so easy and made a big impact! Next time you thrift, look for old books can you can take apart and frame. You may find animals, maps, children’s books or landscapes.

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Everything Red For Canada Day
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Kristin | White Arrows Home

• Nikki

Love it, There are so many beautiful illustrations in old books.

• Beth

Love it! I have some old posters that I want to do that with. You have inspired me!