DIY Wooden Produce Storage Rack

$10

This is a s imple wooden storage rack for vegetables/fruits. I decorated it using stencils.

Inspiration for this stand was the one I saw at Home goods that cost $89. I figured that I could whip it up for so much cheaper and I was right.

Step 1. Measure and cut your wood.

Measure and cut your wood according to instructions. My stand is 28 1/2″ tall, 15″ wide and 11″ deep. Find it on my blog or Youtube Channel

Step 2. Create sides

Attach short planks to the sides. I used a brad nails gun but you can simply use a hammer. 

Step 3. Make the bottom

Attach the wood to the bottom, creating shelves. I used a kreg jig to make this happen. Watch my YouTube video to see what went wrong.

Step 4. Attach front and back

When done with the bottom of each shelf, you can attach planks on the back. Once done with that, Attach 3 remaining planks to the front.

color. I used a Dark Walnut Minwax stain.

Step 5. Draw fun signs on it

I made the bottom sign “locally grown” with stencils and a sharpie. That’s the easiest route. Just trace the stencil and get the sign.

You could also use paint, but it's a bit harder to work with.

If you'd like to make the same stand, check out instructions on my blog or YouTube channel.

April

• Joanie

April, I didn't know it all when I was younger either. The years and experience are great teachers. :))) Also listening to parents and in laws......THEY know!

• April

Hi Joanie! Thank you for the comment :) I’m such a newbie! But I love to learn new things all the time! It’s so full filling! My dad actually was a great builder but I wasn’t interested in it when I was younger. And unfortunately, both of my parents passed away long time ago!

And I have only mother in law and she lives far and not handy at all lol

that’s why I love my DIY community :)

• Charise.

Very nice! ...and I say store your veggies however YOU want; none of 'em last more than 3 days anyway. lol!