Farmhouse Hutch Makeover

$250

I found this little gem on Facebook marketplace. It is the perfect size especially for small spaces. I was quite surprised to find that the top drawer was a functional tray!

Before

Two functional drawers.

a gorgeous functional tray!

Paint color...Gatherings by magnolia home.

I picked up this gorgeous color to paint my kitchen island, but thought it would be perfect for this cute little hutch.

It’s so fresh and dries to a gorgeous deep grayed cream.

BACK

I had my husband knock out the back on top so I could put this beautiful peel & stick wallpaper which matches perfectly with the paint color. I used alcohol to remove any debris so that it adheres better!

Measure and cut

Make sure to measure and cut to fit.

Peel and stick wallpaper

This wallpaper gets five stars because it’s nice and thick, easy to apply and inexpensive.

I bought this paint guard at Home Depot for a few dollars and it worked wonderful to smooth out any bubbles.

Tray

I thought it would be perfect for the tray to be lined also with the wallpaper.

I love everything about this design.

It’s just perfect!

Hardware

I kept the small hardware on the tray, but used three different types on the doors and top drawer. I printed out typewriter font onto brown card stock to add more details.

These crackled knobs are just perfect!

Decorating

I love gathering things of the same color, so not to take away from the overall look! Keeping it simple, I’ve used mostly white and clear glass.

The color is just perfect, I’ll definitely be doing more pieces with this color.

There’s so much storage in this piece and it’s so functional!

Thank you for stopping by, stay safe and enjoy the rest of your week!

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions
  • Joanne Joanne on Jun 26, 2020

How did you remove the original finish?

• Benita Benita on Jan 15, 2021

What did u put over the paint? Did you use a wax or sealer?

Comments

3 of 44 comments
Next