Beachy Beaded Placemat Clock

$28

Repurpose a Pier One Import placemat into a beachy clock with pretty shells and string.

It is fun to take a gorgeous placemat and turn it into a classy beach themed clock! This project is practical using an unexpected craft supply: a Pier One Import beaded placemat!

Supplies: Beaded placemat, shells, a piece of cardstock and some beige toned twine. Punch a hole in the center from the front so it is exactly in the center!

Use hot glue to adhere an 8" piece of beige toned string to the inside top of each shell. TIP: I have a bowl of water nearby and after I squirt a good amount of hot glue inside the top of the shell, I wet my finger so the glue doesn't stick to my finger, and press the twine into the hot glue holding it there until the twine is secure.

Cut a piece of heavy cardstock or poster board using this pattern to secure the strands of shells to the bottom of the clock.

Make a hole in the center for the movement.

Cut a piece of poster board to strengthen the back of the placemat, punch a hole in the center FROM THE FRONT and add your clock movement!

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Patty Thurlby

1 comment