Make a Patio Coffee Table/Party Beverage Tub

$125

Make a Patio Coffee Table that can also be a party beverage tub. I was working on decorating my porch for the 4th of July and sort of stumbled on this idea. I used this galvanized tub before as a coffee table, but I just turned it upside and sat it up on bricks. This year's idea was so much better. It's a Coffee Table, Party Beverage Tub, and could even be used to store blankets for those chilly nights on the porch.

Step 1

Paint the round board. I used white, but whatever color matches your decor.

Step 2 Decorate the Top

I love using Chalk Couture Transfers for these projects because unlike stencils I know they will come out right every time. The Stencil I used was Home of the Brave. I also used a Stencil from last year that is no longer available for the words "Celebrate Freedom"But click HERE to see the rest of the items in my Chalk Store if you don't want a 4th of July theme.

Step 2

This is what it looks like with the Transfers done. Now you need to seal it. I just use a Chalk Sealer spray because mine will be under a patio cover. If your is going to be out in the elements then I wood use an Outdoor Polyurethane.

For a full tutorial on using Chalk Couture look HERE

Step 3

Next lay out the casters on the bottom of the tub and mark the holes you will be drilling with a Sharpie.

Step 4

Drill the holes.

Step 5

Attach the casters with bolts.

Step 5 continued

It took 2 people to get the bolts tight, because one of yo needs to be inside the tub and the other outside.

If you intend for this to hold Ice without dripping as it melts you will have to seal around the bolts with a waterproof silicone. After the silicone dries cut a round piece of Styrofoam to put on the bottom.

Step 6

After you have attached all the casters turn it over and put the top on.

Step 7

Invite some friends over to help you break it in.

31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Good Little Home    Amy Johnson Bullock

• Cheryl Lavely

Who wants to clear off the table every time somebody needs a fresh drink???? I would probably use it for my hand gardening tools....just my thoughts

• Nancy Peterman

This is cute! You could make a variety of tops (easy to store!) and change them out for various celebrations or seasons. Having a birthday party? Make it a cake top. Graduation? The school mascot or the grad's favorite thing or college name, etc.