DIY Dollar Tree Wreath

$10

This is a fun and easy DIY wreath! Lately, I have seen so many wreaths made with wooden beads and greenery so I decided to make a knockoff version using ping pong balls!

Check out what I did below.

What you’ll need:

4 packs of ping pong balls (they come in packs of 6 from the Dollar Tree)

14” wire wreath frame

Ferns

Floral foam

Floral tape

Flowers

Lavender

Rustoleum paint (Smokey Beige)

Wire cutters

Drill and bit

Start by taking the wreath frame and cutting it.

We will cut it all the way around except we will leave one section untouched. Also, we will leave the second wire on all the way around.

This is how it will look like once you have finished cutting. You can see here that the second ring is left on.

Now, you will cut that one wire. Cut it where the cross bars were and try to cut them as close to the wire as you can.

Drill a hole in the middle of each ball going all the way though. Be careful to hold them by the sides so you don’t drill your hand!

Once you have done all the balls slide them onto the cut wire ring.

Like this.

Once you fill up the ring you’ll want to put the 2 wires in the balls. To keep them together, glue the end balls to the balls next to them.

Like this.

Now it should look like this.

Take it outside and lightly spray paint it with the Smokey Beige to make it look like natural wooden beads.

Now, grab your floral foam and use your floral tape and cut to fit in the wire space.

Like this.

Take your flowers and place them in the foam blocks, filling it up the way you like.

I made some go up and some go down.

Now it should be done! What do you think? Share your comments below and if you’d like to see more DIYs follow me on Facebook, Instagram or YouTube at Gilbert Marketplace.

Can you believe this cost less than $10 to make?

25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home

• Melin
    Melin

The main reason I love this wreath is because of the simplicity of the overall look ~ it's beautiful, elegant, yet "clean" and simple. Such a brilliant idea to use the ping-pong balls as faux large wood beads.

I'm inspired to do this same thing with ping pong balls, yet string them and paint them for a faux-wood garland on this year's Christmas Tree. I am so anxious to get started ... thank you for your talent, idea and inspiration ~ and thank you for sharing!

• Janice
    Janice

I love the simplicity of this asymetrical wreath! Very inspiring and easy to understand process you've shared. Thanks!