How can I get rid of a ring on my wood table?

+10

How can I get rid of a ring on my wood table caused by hot condensation? The steam made a circle of discolored wood.

• Cindy Cindy on Jun 26, 2020

Hi Kathleen. Make a paste with olive oil and salt. Put it on the ring and walk away. Wait at least an hour. Then come back and wipe it all up with a damp clean cloth. The salt will pull the moisture out and the olive oil will replenish the wood. Good luck Kathleen. Hoping you are well.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com FrugalFamilyTimes.com on Jun 26, 2020

I’ve had luck with Howard’s Restor-a-finish.

• Dee Dee on Jun 26, 2020

Formbys is another good restorer. I have used mayonnaise and salt. Leave it for several hours. Do not add too much salt, but be generous with the mayo. After several hours wipe it up with a microfiber cloth.

• William William on Jun 26, 2020

Place a cloth over the stain. An iron set to medium heat and iron over the cloth. The stain will be pulled into the cloth. May take a few passes

• Joy Elizabeth Joy Elizabeth on Jun 26, 2020

I've used mayonnaise, and also scrubbed with tooth paste. Both methods worked!

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Jun 26, 2020
    Hi Kathleen, sorry you have a ring on your wood table. Hope this helps you. Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

To remove white rings left by wet glasses on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up. To get white water rings off leather furniture, dab them with a sponge soaked in full-strength white vinegar.Dec 17, 2018

How to Remove Water Stains From Wood: 6 Tricks to Try ...

www.rd.com › Home › Cleaning & Organizing

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Jun 27, 2020

Mayonnaise works for burn marks.

• Agnes Chrzanowska Agnes Chrzanowska on Jun 27, 2020

check this pin ,,,, it worked for me https://www.pinterest.com/pin/101542166578417319/

They also have wipes on amazon for that .. here is the link https://amzn.to/2ZggYif

• Vicki Cunningham Vicki Cunningham on Jun 28, 2020

I have always had success using Howard's "Restore a Finish" with 0000 steel wool, If you catch the water ring while it is still wet, using a hair blower on it will completely remove the white water ring. I have never had success with mayonaise, etc. let me add that these methods only work on solid wood, not wood byproducts, so if you item is newer than 1960, it will probably remove the finish or the veneer.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 01, 2020

Hello,

You could lay brown paper on top of stain and pass an iron over it to draw out the damp in the wood.

• Betsy Betsy on Jul 04, 2020

Hi Kathleen: As silly as it sounds, put a dab of mayonnaise on it. Yup the stuff in your fridge. Put some on, let it sit for about 10 seconds and wipe it off. You may have to do it twice, but usually not. That's all there is to it :) Good luck

• Deb K Deb K on Jul 12, 2020

Hi Kathleen, hope this helps, To remove white rings left by wet glasses on wood furniture, mix equal parts vinegar and olive oil and apply it with a soft cloth while moving with the wood grain. Use another clean, soft cloth to shine it up. To get white water rings off leather furniture, dab them with a sponge soaked in full-strength white vinegar