Fantasy Tree Upcycle

$10

I found what I assume was a vent screen at a garage sale for FREE and they also had a big bag of plastic pearls so I tried making an one of a kind fantasy tree.

It was all an experiment that turned out! I threaded on some of the beads and the others were attached with hot glue in layers.

How could I pass up the FREE screen? I sprayed it with a good coat of black spray paint.

I left some of the bottom to simulate the ground and used 20 gauge black annealed wire for my faux tree. I cut 24 pieces of annealed wire and twisted it to form the trunk, attaching the "roots" by winding the ends around the screen edge.

The tiny beads were threaded on and the other pearls were added one layer at a time with hot glue until they protruded so the surface had shape instead of being flat.

After all the pearls were attached with the hot glue, I cut the black screen away from the limbs. The screen under the pearls is hidden by the layers of pearls!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Patty Thurlby

• Sharon Anderson
    Sharon Anderson

How big was your vent?

• Patty Thurlby
      Patty Thurlby

16" round. Since I made the fantasy tree I have purchased splatter screens and made similar wall art. So if you can't find a vent that is an option.

• Lonnie
    Lonnie

Wish I had your creative mind. I'm a trash to treasure girl myself & have to give kudos to you for a well executed creation. When you bought splatter screens was it hard to take off the handle?

• Patty Thurlby
      Patty Thurlby

You are right! I never considered leaving the handle on. I like any excuse to use my Dremel!

• Dee
    Dee

Amazing beautiful. I could have looked at the materials for the rest of my life and never would have been able t to think of anything close to what you have created.

You could do the same for all 4 seasons.

You are an inspiration and an incredible artist.

I know your piece of art is fine consuming, but have you thought of making and selling these?

Thank -you for sharing with us.

• Dee
      Dee

Dear Patty,

I'm pleased to hear that you sell your art at a local gallery.

Would you be comfortable posting a link to the gallery? I know most of us have privacy concerns. If you have concerns, I understand.

Stay well.

Thanks for your reply.

Dee

• Patty Thurlby
    Patty Thurlby

Wow Suellen, your comment made my day! It was an crafting adventure for sure and I was glad it turned out like it did 😊

• Anne
    Anne

You are definitely a Very talented person. Your creation is just beautiful. I definitely would hang it for all to see. 😀

I must copy your idea, Thank you !

• Patty Thurlby
      Patty Thurlby

Wow Anne, thanks for your wonderful comments. I think you are going to have a lot of fun making your own version!