Asked 6 days ago

Paint Ideas for a Haveli/Persian Door

K. RuppJohnavallance82Cindy
+7

Hi everyone, I have purchased a Persian door and i'd like to paint it but I need some ideas. I've thought about distressing it white and adding gold leafing....the metal part was thinking to color that in with gold leafing as well...let me know your ideas...not sure what to color the horizontal metal parts.. Maybe I should do a pop-of-color. I need ideas!

• I like the idea of distressing it white with gold leafing. The horizontal parts could be gold with a pop of color on the panels in between. The color could be something from the room you're putting it in.

• If you search Persian doors on Pinterest, you get lots of inspiration. You can do different shades of gold on the door also or add a bronze.

• Lindsay Aratari

Love those ideas! The gold would be so pretty

• Cheryl A

I found many ideas on pinterest for painting your doors- here is some ideas

• Maura White

I would stick with white. The intricate detail is amazing and I'm afraid a color would take away from that.

• Jo

I think it should be turquoise, some kind of way.

• Check out Annie Sloan's website as well for some great painting ideas.

• Cindy

Hi Farah. First I have to say what a beautiful door you have. I really think white would be the best color for it. And gold leafing would give it a look of grandeur. Good luck Farah. I hope everything is well with you.

• Johnavallance82

Hello,

What a wonderful item to have! Look up on the internet Persian/Iranian door design and colours, maybe that would inspire you. Rich and opulent??

• K. Rupp
    Just now

WOW that is beautiful!! What a gorgeous door you bought!! I love the colors and pics of the Persian doors that Holly put up. My favorite is the bottom dark one with the intricate details in lighter gray and accents in gold. To get that effect I would paint it a light gray or white. Then use a glaze mixed with the darker color (charcoal color or deep plum). Brush on getting into all the crevices and then wipe it off. The darker paint will make the lighter colors come out. If this is for outdoor use, you will want to seal it with a marine varnish. If this door is for indoor use, I would use Benjamin Moore ADVANCE paints. That Is heavy duty cabinet paint and you don't need a sealer. You won't get the chipping and wearing like you do with other paints. Good luck!! Please show a pic when you are done! We would LOVE to see what you did with it!!!