Ducting Unit Into Planter

$5

I love a good challenge but when my husband brought home two

industrial parts of a former air con unit I did scratch my head a little - wondering what we could possibly repurpose them for.

During lockdown we have been attempting to support local businesses, a local garden centre were offering mystery boxes of garden plants. When the plants arrived we realised we had the perfect combination of a grass plant with industrial planter.

Start by removing any residue/rubber/plastic from the top of the unit.

We have used old fence panels, painted in random left over pots of external wood paint to build a top. This frames the unit and gives it a finish.

Mark 45 degree angles at the appropriate length to create four pieces of wood.

Cut with a handsaw.

Using the predrilled holes the wood was screwed from underneath to attach.

The next step to place the planter in the garden. To improve drainage we placed the planter in it’s finished place on the lawn and marked round.

The grass turf was removed and the base of the planter set into the hole.

Lastly the planter was filled with soil and the grass plant planted.

A querky upcycle garden planter from a former ducting unit.

23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Vickymcreations

• Mary McDonald
    Mary McDonald

It looked like a hole to the Center of the earth before you filled it. 😁 It’s really a great idea you came up with. Were you planning on painting it or maybe staining the wood?

• Leslie
      Leslie

Hi Vickymcreations, if you have some craft paint you can water that down use to finish the edges and then seal with whatever you used to seal the top of the wood :)

• Bry
    Bry

Isn't it amazing what we can do to reuse objects by thinking outside the box? Love what you did!

• Linda D
    Linda D

This is one of the coolest garden ideas I've seen and you could even use a weed eater around it safely/

• LorriLJ
    LorriLJ

Truly wonderful! I love that the boards are different colours. And subtle so they contrast with the grass but don’t compete. It will age beautifully!

A much better use than as a puppy poop composter. Seriously!