Save Your Glass Jars for This Cute Upcycle

$0

This simple DIY is all over the internet and I wanted to see for myself if it was as easy (and as beautiful) as it looks on all the blogs.

What's so appealing about this project is that it looks super easy and requires mostly household items.

I started by removing the label and residue from a left over glass jar. Mine was a pickle jar and soaking in hot water did the trick.

To create an aged effect, I started with a splatter of watered down black paint. I used acrylic hobby paint but any black paint will do. Use your finger or piece of card board and splatter the paint off the brush and onto the jar. Don't worry abut being perfect - messy is better.

I added white vinegar to a spray bottle and lightly sprayed the jar so tiny droplets formed.

I then sprayed a light coat of metallic gold spray paint. You can always go back and layer more spray paint but the key is a light, even coat that is still translucent. Full coverage is NOT the goal.

I Immediately dabbed the jar with a paper towel. The vinegar droplets should prevent the spray paint from sticking to the jar so when dabbed with the towel, the paint comes away. Add another layer of black splatter on top of the gold if you want more of an aged effect.

Fairy light, tea lights or even flowers look great!

I love the ambiance and warmth! This is such an easy and affordable upcycle and definitely worthy of all the internet attention.

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home

• Alisha Lime

It would make great Christmas decor!

• Gabrielle Falk

I think the jar looks wonderful - I am a total!! fan of fairy lights. If you wanted, you could probably tie a bit of string (fluffed out), or similar around the top of the jar - to hide, if u want. Great Job.