Quick 4th of July Project!!

$0
-30 Minutes

Who’s up for a quickie?😂😂😂😂 Don’t mind me, I’m just over here cracking myself up!!

It’s clear I’ve been home for waaaaaay too long!!🙈 Anyway, this is a super fun project, quick and so stinkin’ easy!!! Who doesn’t love a no cost project!?

Grab some scrap pieces of wood!

I’m still using up slats from my old whisky barrel y’all, so I had the cowhide hubby rip one in half so I had one long side and two short sides. Do you have a scrap wood pile where you store your leftovers for fun projects like these? If not, start one today!!! A stash of reclaimed wood, boards and blocks is a girls best friend!!

Three screws!

1. Arrange your boards into the shape of a four.
  2. Argue with your hubby for a minute about who gets to use the drill😂
  3. Let him put three screws in to hold the boards in place!

Dry brush with white chalk paint

I love the look of rustic , reclaimed wood and didn’t want to cover it up completely, so I just dry brushed some white chalk paint onto the wood. I love, love, love the dry brush technique! It’s so quick and easy, always looks custom and dries super fast!

Stencil the word July

Using red chalk paint and a cardboard stencil, spell out the word JULY on the crosspiece. This is the step that really makes it cute!!!

Y’all-do this with your initial and spell out your family name to hang on your front door, or in your kids room-the possibilities are endless!!

Add it to a fun vignette!

I told you it would be a quick one!!! I’m slightly obsessed with it and how easy it was!! Add your fun 4 into a cute vignette inside or out. Pat yourself on the back for completing a project in thirty minutes or less ( that includes the time it took to pry off the dried on paint lids!!🙈) Have a celebratory cocktail and send pics to your friends so they can make one too!!