Easy DIY Wall Hanging

$10

If you are looking for a super quick, super easy DIY decor....look no further! I loved making this piece because it was cheap, extremely easy, and it can look good in any space! Another plus is that the tutorial is really short because this piece is really so easy! If you want to see videos of me making this piece you can head over to my Instagram highlights at www.instagram.com/frommhouselove. I got this idea from Megan at www.instragram.com/meganandtheunicorndiy.

I started this project with cutting a 1x4 pine board to 21 inches. However, you can make this as big or as small as you need depending on the size of wall you are trying to fill. Just know, the longer you make your board, the longer you will make your yarn. Once I cut my board, I also cut two 1 inch pieces to put behind the board when it is hanging on the wall to make it look like it is popping out.

Then you can choose whatever color stain you would like. I chose Early American layered with Classic Gray.

Next up is the yarn.

The length of your yarn is going to depend on how big your piece of wood is and how low you want it to hang. My yarn ended up being around 40 inches long. You can either measure each strip individually, or you can wrap it around an object (I used a big piece of cardboard) about 35 times, then cut it in half).

When laying out the yard, I used painters tape to hold it in a line and keep everything in place. It also makes it easy to transfer it to the back of your 1x4 board. I then used a heavy duty stapler to hold it in place. You could also probably use hot glue or tacks!

The last thing I did was add the little one inch pieces to the back with some 1 1/4 inch nails.

You don't need these if you want this to just sit flush with the wall. But I wanted it to pop a little bit.

I used picture hanging hooks to hang this on the wall. This was seriously a one hour DIY. Give it a try!