Asked on Jun 30, 2020

Any ideas for recycling plaques from supporting our youth sport team

J BrownDeb KBetsy
+12

Over the years or office has supported multiple local youth sports teams and proudly displayed them on our office wall.

Unfortunately we will be closing our store front and working remotely.

Any ideas?

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Definitely take good pictures and get them up on your business Facebook page and/or website as well. After that they might make a cool table top with a piece of glass put over top of it - or they could be put into a glass coffee table.

• Lindsay Aratari

Maybe take photos?

• Joy Elizabeth

Post them on social media and your business website. Are the plaques wooden i wonder if you could build something out of them to use in remote office. I like the tabletop idea, maybe for a large conference room table

• Redcatcec

Take pictures and put them on a thumb drive.

• Johnavallance82

Hello,

Sell them off or give them to the Clubs involved (Could be another form of advertising)?. Make folding screens with them, furniture, Tables, Cupboards, Planters, Garden screens or fences???? Good luck!

• Jennifer

Ends of curtain rods or use the tops and attach to a long board to make a coat rack.

• Morgan McBride

I'd see if the team wanted them back

• Flipturn

Are they the style of plaque that has an engraved front which has been mounted on to a wooden backing?

How many do you have, and how much do you think the weight of each individual plaque might be?

• J Brown

Yes. I would imagine they weigh less than a pound each. I think there are over a dozen.

• Kmdreamer

You could do burnt wood projects

• Cynthia H

Reach out to local organizations who might be interested in recycling them for a project or to repurpose. The Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and other organizations might be interested. Good luck and stay safe!

Oh, yes indeed J. Brown :) There are many groups that support children who are handicapped but the kids still compete in sports. They are always looking for plaques and trophies to give to the kids. Good luck

• Deb K

Hello J Brown, hope this helps you out, some cool ideas here,

https://diyeverywhere.com/2017/06/30/10-nifty-ways-to-repurpose-wood-plaques/

• J Brown

Thank you all for the ideas.....

This move to "work from home" is not something I ever envisioned.

I have been a travel agent for over 50 years and LOVE the personal interactions with my clients. I WILL miss it.