DIY Custom Removable Wall Decals

$15

I couldn't find what I wanted online so I made these quick and inexpensive decals on my own with just scissors and removable vinyl sheets.

Placing up the decals!

This a near finished product! See below for the easy steps to create your own.

Find a shape you like

Using google images I found a general shape that I liked

Create A Stencil

This is Paper and Sharpie. I cut a shape out of regular computer paper to the size and shape that I wanted.

Obtain Removable Vinyl Sheets

These come in 12" by 48" and they were on sale for $4.75 per roll. Note that these are for the cricut machine, but you don't need a machine to cut the shapes out by hand.

Check out all the color options!!

I went back later to see what else was available and I couldn't believe how many choices there are!! I think I would have picked one of those orange colors, but no problem. The project is super easy and fun to do.

Lay out Design

I made mine as tall as I could using all 12" of the height of the paper.

Does NOT lay flat! :)

It says it lays flat, but don't listen, it doesn't. This made my design tricky, but It was fine because I didn't need them to all be exact.

Trace with Sharpie

The sharpie doesn't bleed through at all. Made super easy lines for me to cut.

Cut, cut, cut!

This was pretty fast, honestly, I just did it while I watched TV. I do not think it needs to be perfect or exact. I just made the stencil and traced it and cut it about the same way each time.

Tape up Temporarily to Decide Placement

I used scotch tape to place them on the wall in approximately the location where I wanted it

Peel!

Peel each one off the paper backing and place down

Stick to wall!

This was hard to photograph, but you can really just stick it to the wall. It's removable so in places where I made a mistake I could just lift up the corners and try again. I smoothed it out with my hand.

Keep Going!

Keep placing where ever you'd like and follow your guide.

Finished Product!

Here they are!!! I will say I wish I had been able to get a different color, but honestly, I really think this project was so easy and inexpensive I don't mind leaving it up and seeing how I feel later.

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom

• Gigi
    Gigi

Awesome!!! Where did you get the center wall decor over the headboard so pretty?

thank you

• AndradeTea
    AndradeTea

Creative! I think it looks great. LOVE the floral wicker center piece, too.

• Susan Iszak-Stanyar
    Susan Iszak-Stanyar

Looks great! If you still want a pop of orange, maybe do a few smaller ones when you find the right colour. I am inspired to try this for myself. Thanks for sharing!