How to Make a Flower Pot Wreath

$40

Using a variety of small terra cotta pots I created this flower pot wreath. Adding faux succulents and some moss into the pots gave it a completed look. I would love to have you stop by my blog , Celebrate & Decorate for more details as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Begin with a variety of small terra cotta flower pots. I ended up using five 3 1/2″ pots, five 2 1/2″ pots, sixteen 2″ pots and five little 1 1/2″ pots.

Using a dry brush, I added Apple Barrel Antique Parchment Matte Acrylic paint to my pots. Use a rough bristle brush, dip it into the paint and then tap most of the paint off onto a piece of paper before brushing on the pots. Make sure you paint the bottoms of the pots as they will be seen on your wreath.  

Select a sturdy 18″ grapevine wreath and begin working on attaching the flower pots. 

Using a heavy duty twine, feed it through the hole in the bottom of the pot. Thread the twine through the grapevine wreath until it sits the way you want on the wreath. 

Begin by attaching your largest pots around your wreath. 

Add the second largest size of pots next…and so on.

Some of your pots will be upright, some sideways, etc. Arrange them however they look the best to you. This flower pot wreath is yours, make it look the way YOU want it to look. 

Wedge small pieces of floral foam into the pots that you are going to want to put the succulents in. Don’t fill every single one with a plant.

Tuck some moss in around the succulents and in some of the little pots. 

You can see more of my projects here

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info
Chloe Crabtree

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 16 questions

Comments

3 of 83 comments
  • Lori Hill Harrison Lori Hill Harrison on Jun 06, 2021

Beautifully done! Would look so great on my garden shed. I might give it a whirl! Thanks for the creative idea.

• Heather Ruiz Heather Ruiz on Jun 06, 2021

Love this!! Thank you for sharing!! Im definitely going to try this on my porch💜

Next