Berma M
Berma M
  • Eustace, TX

An old metal rack my husband found in a barn.

I have used this three tier cage for garden tools, and decided Why not plants? I lined it with old coconut filler, but that was not enough so I found moss at a garden store cheaper. I added potting soil. Started plugging in pieces of plants I had. Voila! I am happy with it. It is a work in progress. It is free standing in full sun. The fun thing is I can put shade loving plants on the second or third tier and I can plug in plants that like to run into the sides of the cage. I also have a few little frogs hanging around if you look real hard. The airplane plants just shoot out, and the coleus on top just brightens it up (when the grasshoppers aren't too hungry.)
Looking at this does anyone know what this was originally used for? It is a cage with three openings on one side, but cage all the way around.
Front shot.
Front shot.
Top layer.
Top layer.
Middle layer.
Middle layer.
Left side
Left side
Right side
Right side

• Maria Crawford

The cage looks like it is a bin to hold items in a store, doesn't it?

• Kathie taylor

The natural way to remove grasshoppers: In the morning when there is dew on you plants, sprinkle with white flour (heavily) leave on for two days, then rinse the plants well. Also works for getting rid of ants.