How to get rid ants. .?

Debbie/Dragonfly TreasureOlivaHolly Bertone | Pink Fortitude
+11

Have a problem with ants on kitchen counter. .any home remedy would be helpful. .thanks. .

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Here are some ideas! https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-kill-ants We had an ant problem last year and I ended up purchasing the little terro ant bates. No sprays etc. Just a little plastic thing with stuff in it that attracts and kills the ants .

• Indoors use Terro liquid bait traps and outdoors use diatomaceous earth. They both work near instantly and the latter is all natural and pet safe.

• Nan W.

Betty: get rid of ALL food on the counters... or put everything in jars. Wipe down countertops till they are spotless. I found lemon juice as a natural want repellent too.

• I always use a product called Terro. It works every time.

• Redcatcec

You can find Terro in diy stores, an orange package, just follow directions, they love it and take it back to the colony. We have used it on the deck when they are in a parade formation, they always stop to feed and then they are gone.

Another way is Jiffy cornmeal mix directly from the box outside your kitchen, do not bake. They love this too, but it will kill the workers and not the queen(s).

We have used FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth, also at diy stores, it comes with a duster. Apply this around your house. I refresh it after the rain.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Diatomaceous earth sprinkled will get rid of it and it's pet & child safe.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. I highly recommend the commercial products made by Terro. If you look over at the reviews and QA on Amazon and see how highly rated the traps are.

I have been using them both indoors and outdoors - and been very successful in my overall situation. Additionally- I sometimes do an exterior Home defense foundation perimeter type product as well for spiders. Hope this helps.

• Kathe

Sprinkle talcum or cheap baby powder around their trail. Sprinkle outside also, re-do after rain.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Betty, sorry you are dealing with pesky ants. I kill them with windex and clean my counters with windex before I go to bed. I also use home defense around my house and that really seems to get rid of them. Don't leave out any food. Good luck.

• Hi Betty - Those little buggers are relentless, aren't they?!? This is the most effective method and all-natural spray DIY that we use with ants. It's best indoors, but will also work outside with more frequent applications. It's even been featured on Hometalk! Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/ant-spray/

PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean

• Oliva

Chalk dust sprinkled behind the countertop should deter ants. Also effective is peppermint oil or clove oil. Scrub your countertops with warm water to which you've added some lemon dish detergent. Wiping with vinegar may destrop ants' pheromone trails. All food items should be in tightly sealed containers. Ants have been known to try to get into salt shakers... Wipe down your stovetop and walls after cooking. Clean your exhaust fan filters, regularly. Scrub your trashcans and insure you have no water leaks or water drops on counters, which will also attract ants.

• Debbie/Dragonfly Treasure

I use packaged cornbread mix that says it is sweetened and put it where they are. They will take it to the mound, everyone will eat it and die, they can't digest the cornmeal, but will take it because it is sweetened. Little goes a long way.

I read this from : Itsmemic

Medicated powder from the Dollar Tree. It has eucalyptus in it...menthol...I puff it around my homes foundation..and inside under my birdcages in the cracks under moldings. Work immediately and they never come back. I do this at the first sign of ants..in one day..GONE. The powder is in a very large container and lasts quite awhile too !! And smells great !

Not toxic to my birds OR dog

What if you make a barrier around the house.

I did some research, since we know what works for one person doesn't always work for another. I found this site and it's pretty informative. I know some tips you may not be able to use but there are some good ones also that will hopefully help.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/pest-control/how-to-get-rid-of-ants/view-all/

Ants are so weird. One time I found them inside the freezer in the garage!! What would possess them to go inside a freezer only to die? They must have sent signals back or something ~ there were no ant trails only a freezer full of dead ants. Hasn't happened since.

Ant Spray - https://www.hometalk.com/31195184/cheap-easy-homemade-ant-spray?

oatmeal and koolaid . cant digest the oatmeal. Good Luck ?!