Colored wax splattered on my wall?

+9

My wax burner spilled on my wall! How do I get it off..please help me!

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Jul 02, 2020

Here are some methods to remove wax from a wall, not sure which will work for you because we cannot see what you wall is made of:

https://www.tipsbulletin.com/how-to-remove-wax-from-a-wall/

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jul 02, 2020

Warm with a blow dryer and wipe with paper towel. Then clean the color if it is stained.

• Jennifer Stilley Jennifer Stilley on Jul 02, 2020

Put a towel on it and put an iron on the towel. Itll melt the wax with soak into the towel. Since its colored it might dye the wall.. but at least no wax!

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jul 02, 2020

Hello. I used a warm iron and blotting cloth when I spilled wax on my wall to wall carpeting.

• Janice Janice on Jul 02, 2020

Hi Angela, here's a possible solution. Apply medium heat with a blow dryer set on low and wipe away excess wax as it softens. Remove residue with a solution of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Jul 02, 2020

Once I removed as much as I could, there was a residue from mine. I was able to get it off with Goo Gone, Dawn dish detergent and a microfiber cloth. Good luck and stay safe!

• Angela S Angela S on Jul 02, 2020

Wow blown away by all the suggestions and so far they’re all working in different stages~what a nice crew y’all are~thanks again

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Jul 02, 2020

Hi this is Peggy, sorry you got wax splattered on your wall. Good luck and hope this helps.

How to Remove Candle Wax From Painted Walls | Hunker

www.hunker.com › ... › Housekeeping › Stain Removal

Jul 17, 2017 - It is possible to remove spilled, dripped or hardened candle wax off your painted walls without damaging the surface or removing paint. ... Avoid using the high setting as this will cause the wax to splatter when it liquefies.

• Deb K Deb K on Jul 12, 2020

Hi Angela, hoping this helps you,

1. First, use a hair dryer on a medium temperature and gently heat the wax.
    2. With a cloth, start to wipe off the wax as it melts.
    3. Mix together a solution of vinegar and water (with a ratio of 1:3) and apply it to the mark. It should come off easily without damaging the paint beneath.

If you don't want to waste time mixing stuff, you can try using your clothes iron, on low and a few cotton tea towels, place the towel over the wax, gently press the iron onto the towel, check to see if wax on towel, move to a clean part of towel and repeat until done, you may need more towels, you can wash them like normal to clean them.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Dec 25, 2020

Hello Angela,

Wait till it gets really cold - then scrape it off. Remove the rest with Barkeepers friend and water.

• Soften it with a hair dryer and wipe it off with tissue paper.