Old Country Charm Now Updated With a Modern Look

$50

Have some pieces that are too “country” for your style but you don’t want to part with them? Here’s a way to bring them up to your taste in style!

Before

These were handmade by my customer’s grandfather. They have that old country style heart cut outs and that golden oak color. They are remodeling their room and wanted something more modern.

Clean

Throughly clean the areas you will be painting. Let the areas dry completely.

The tops were stained and sealed with a poly fist.

**Look back to my previous post about layering stain.

Supplies

These are by far my favorite products when it comes to chalk paint and brushes. DIY Paint and Finishes, Paint Pixie Brushes and Zibra Brushes

Paint

Once your piece is clean. Time for paint. Apply one coat, let dry. Then apply a second coat and let dry. Touch up areas if necessary!

Already looks like a new table! After your paint has dried, it’s time to seal. Use the products that are available in the line of paint you use for best results.

Final result

These look like whole new tables. It’s amazing what color and paint can do!

The layered stain really gives these table tops some dimensions. They look darker one way and more gray the other.

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July

To see more: https://linktr.ee/r.e.picks

• Shirley

I'd gotten tired of the hearts in my tables and shelves so I collected bits of stained glass off of broken lamps, night lights and even old stained glass Christmas ornaments. Ive also use ceiling plates from hanging lights. I put them over the cut out heart area. They look fabulous! Now that's a different look!

• Shirley

Sorry Jenny, I dont know what to tell you. It enlarged quite easily on my phone.