Farmhouse DIY Washboard

$3

Make this cute farmhouse washboard with wood and a Dollar Store sign. Add some super cute decor items and for only $3 you can have yourself a Farmhouse Washboard! If you're a DIY gal like me, you have already have all that you need at home.

What you’ll need:

Dollar Tree "welcome" sign

1x2 wood (from Lowe’s 98c)

2 @ 16”

1@ 6”

1@ 7.5"

Stain

Stapler

Chicken-wire 8x6”

Tin-snips

Nail gun

2 small screws

To start with, use your tin-snips to cut the two triangles off the bottom of the Welcome sign making a straight line.

Next, we will cut our wood. I used 1“ x 2“ pieces which I purchased from Lowes for only 98 cents. Cut two at 16 inches, one at 7.5 inches and one at 6 inches.

Now, using my nailer I will attach the 7.5 inch piece across the top and attach the 16” going down. Then we will use the 6” across as the cross bar, approximately 6 inches down from the top.

Next, we will stain the entire thing and then let it dry. I used Minwax in the color Early American.

Once the stain dries, I will use the dollar tree sign on the side that has the two holes in. I will attach it with the two screws to the back crossbar in the middle with the sliver side facing forward.

This will be the front view.

Next, I used my stapler to attach the 6 x 8 piece of chicken wire on the top portion.

If there’s any pieces sticking out after you staple it, just remove them with your tin snips.

Done! How cute is that?

This is a great farmhouse decor piece! It would also look amazing in the laundry room. This is such a fun DIY and it's so quick and simple. If you like it you can follow me on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook at Gilbert Marketplace.

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Renata

Cute. Not seen a welcome sign like that but am building a fence outta corregated metal so will steal a small piece off left overs, lol

• Sarah

That is one of most smartest projects I have ever saw. I have got to try this. Thank you so much for sharing this.!!!!!!