BOHO Style Table

$50

Have you ever found a piece of furniture that you thought was so cute that you had to have it? But you knew you were most likely going to run into problems? Well that was the case with this little table.

My first clue that there might be an issue was the yarn wrapped around the bottom of the table legs.

I removed the yarn and found that the legs were wrapped in electrical tape.

I removed the electrical tape and found thick double sided tape. And, once I removed that I found badly damaged legs.

Rather than try and repair the damage, I took the easy way out and just cut the damaged part of the legs off. Then I painted the table with the color, Honky Tonk Red, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.

I wanted to add the Caravans transfer from Re*design With Prima to the front of the drawers to give the table a BOHO flair.

I ran into another little problem. The knobs on the drawers were glued on so I couldn't remove them to add the transfer. My daughter had the great idea to use a hole punch, then cut an X to make the hole fit over the knobs.

Once I had cut the transfer to the size of the drawer fronts, to find exactly where the holes should go, I painted the knobs with the color, Fluff, and while they were wet, I lined up the transfer with the drawer, & let the wet paint make a mark on the transfer. 

That worked perfectly!

Now there's nothing to hide! No yarn needed!

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Virginia B

• Margaret

Does the table have 9 drawers or 3 drawers? I normally don't like Honky Tonk Red but , HTR is the exact color it needed....... IT LOOKS GREAT.

• Pam Galicki

Is that sheet vinyl on the floor?

• Virginia B

The brick wall & wood floor are all one sheet of vinyl. It's a photography backdrop I got on Amazon. Unfortunately it's hard to keep the wrinkles out.