BOHO Style Table

$50

Have you ever found a piece of furniture that you thought was so cute that you had to have it? But you knew you were most likely going to run into problems? Well that was the case with this little table.

My first clue that there might be an issue was the yarn wrapped around the bottom of the table legs.

I removed the yarn and found that the legs were wrapped in electrical tape.

I removed the electrical tape and found thick double sided tape. And, once I removed that I found badly damaged legs.

Rather than try and repair the damage, I took the easy way out and just cut the damaged part of the legs off. Then I painted the table with the color, Honky Tonk Red, from the Dixie Belle Paint Company.

I wanted to add the Caravans transfer from Re*design With Prima to the front of the drawers to give the table a BOHO flair.

I ran into another little problem. The knobs on the drawers were glued on so I couldn't remove them to add the transfer. My daughter had the great idea to use a hole punch, then cut an X to make the hole fit over the knobs.

Once I had cut the transfer to the size of the drawer fronts, to find exactly where the holes should go, I painted the knobs with the color, Fluff, and while they were wet, I lined up the transfer with the drawer, & let the wet paint make a mark on the transfer. 

That worked perfectly!

Now there's nothing to hide! No yarn needed!

Virginia B

• Margaret

Does the table have 9 drawers or 3 drawers? I normally don't like Honky Tonk Red but , HTR is the exact color it needed....... IT LOOKS GREAT.

• Melin

The table was a great find and the transformation from ugly to gorgeous is awesome! Looks super with the chair and I can only imagine the entire room is beautiful ... and fun [that brick wall is so cool!]. Thank you very much for sharing.

• Janice

Your reno is SUPER cute! Thanks for providing the info.