Repurposed Steamer Wind Chime

$5

Wind Chimes and flowers are two of my favorite things to create from repurposed odds and ends, and this steamer wind chime that's also a flower was a lot of fun to make.

Here are my supplies for this wind chime: a metal steamer, metal measuring spoons, split rings, a faux pearl necklace, and a metal jello mold.

Because both the steamer and the measuring spoons already have holes, this is a no drill required project.

I've used steamers before, when I created some repurposed flowers a few years ago. You can check out my repruposed strainer/steamer flowers here .

I spray painted the steamer a fun pink/purple, and the jello mold a light pink.

Using pliers, I took the faux pearl necklace apart to use to hang the measuring spoons.

Then I attached the split rings to the spoons and the necklace pieces to the rings.

I spaced the split rings out as evenly as I could using the holes in the steamer.

Here you can see it all attached.

I applied a thin layer of Marine Goop adhesive to the bottom of the glass plate before attaching it to the center of the steamer.

Be careful not to use too much glue. Less is definitely more. 

You can also use E6000 glue.

I did the same with the jello mold, and then placed it in the center of the glass plate.

Let the glue cure for at least 24 hours. If it's hot and humid, like it is here right now, even longer may be required for the glue to set.

To hang my steamer wind chime I used two pieces of another faux pearl necklace attached to split rings, and a large key ring at the very top.

As with most of my wind chimes I added a chandelier crystal to the top to add a little bling.

I'm always in favor of a little bling.

So here's my pretty repurposed garden art flower steamer wind chime.

Don't worry about whether the measuring spoon chimes face front or back because they'll move around all the time in the wind. I just let them do their thing.

TIP: If you're having a heat wave, like we are here, don't hang it in full sun. UV rays on days with temps like mid to high 30s can work to degrade the glue. 

The pieces of the flower for this steamer wind chime could be spray painted any colors that you love, or you could even keep it all natural.

It's entirely up to you to customize this wind chime in any way that you love.

Because almost everything I used was from thrift stores this was an inexpensive project. If you have to find things new that will of course affect the cost.

If you enjoyed this project check out more r epurposed wind chimes on my blog here.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Everything Red For Canada Day
Color Me Thrifty